Community Case Manager (CCM)
Based in our office in Alexandria, Virginia (within Fairfax County), the Community Case Manager at Good Shepherd Housing and Family Services (GSH) will have an integral role in our affordable housing programs.
The CCM works with residents in our Apartments-Budgeting-Counseling (ABC) Housing Program, the signature housing and services programs within GSH. The goal of the ABC Housing Program is to help families and individuals become self-sufficient including the ability to sign leases or mortgages in their own names.
The CCM helps clients recognize their ability to become self-sufficient by assisting them with short-term and long-term action plans, budget creation and credit management, and referrals to community resources. The CCM is in contact with clients on a consistent basis and measures client progress at specified intervals.
A nonexempt hourly position, with 40 hours/week work requirements, and reporting to the Vice President/COO, the CCM has these responsibilities, including:
- Participating in the selection process of individuals and families who may become residents in GSH housing and participate in the ABC Housing Program;
- Conducting intake assessments to determine applicant fit with the ABC program;
- Providing case management services to the resident households, including formulation of action plans, goals and budgets that guide clients to self-sufficiency;
- Working with the resident households on progress toward goals including client follow through on individual action plans and budgeting;
- Utilizing basic social work engagement/rapport skills to provide basic crisis intervention;
- Conducting regular reassessment of individual action plans, client progress and metrics and evaluating and modifying existing goals as appropriate;
- Providing service referrals to other providers and County government resources, as needed, for the resident households;
- Working with community partners to identify individuals and families needing help obtaining and maintaining housing;
- Utilizing social services online platform (Apricot) to complete intakes, assessments, measurements of client progress, tracking of progress, reporting, and case notes;
- Efficiently and effectively collaborating with professionals in the community in order to ease transitions and overcome barriers to accessing needed services and supports;
- Meeting work plans and goals developed with the VP/COO for performance and delivery of services;
- Coordinating the delivery of service with other staff in biweekly service team meetings.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Ability and desire to engage at-risk or homeless clients and develop trusting
- Knowledge of the principles and practices of case management, including social work values, ethics and client confidentiality standards.
- Knowledge of good budgeting practices and the ability to teach those to others.
- Understanding of what creates a better credit score and steps people can take to improve their scores.
- Demonstrates knowledge of direct services and available community resources, preferably within Fairfax County.
- Knowledge of current social service, homeless, and housing issues and methods/approaches to address issues.
- Ability to analyze case information and to reach sound decisions on the basis of such information.
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing.
- Ability to use computer databases and technology tools to establish and maintain case records and to facilitate data collection.
- Ability to maintain professional ethics and confidentiality of client information.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with a variety of individuals.
- Ability to schedule and manage workload sufficiently to meet deadlines.
- Bachelor’s in social work or related field required.
Salary is competitive and commensurate with education/experience. GSH offers excellent benefits, including a 403B pension plan and healthcare insurance plans. GSH is an equal opportunity employer.
To apply, please respond with a letter of interest, your resume and salary requirements via email at email@example.com. On all email submissions, please include “GSH Community Case Manager” in the subject line.
Please do not phone the office with inquiries.