Vice President/Chief Operating Officer
Reporting to the President/CEO, the VP/COO will guide and lead the agency’s programs, services, housing strategy, infrastructure, property management efforts and its internal fiscal and financial management.
The VP/COO is a key leadership position and serves the agency in a variety of program oversight, operational and supervisory capacities. While duties can be generally categorized into three areas, some additional tasks may be required which fall outside of the duties described below.
Property/Housing and Program Management (70 percent):
– Manage the day-to-day operations of GSH in its core business of housing, including property management and housing-related services;
– Oversee the management of our owned- and leased-housing units, including supervising our outside property manager Quantum, housing audits, renovations, unit turnovers, leased unit property management relationships, and tenant management and selection;
– Direct the case management services provided to all GSH housing residents;
– Develop and build partnerships with service providers to enhance the quality of our services provided to housing residents;
– Oversee resident and community activities;
– Manage client situations and client needs that fall outside established program norms, including tenant payment plans and legal proceedings;
– Approve client subsidies, vendor invoices and housing-related supportive service expenditures;
– Serve in leadership roles on community-wide and neighborhood home owners associations where GSH has significant housing investments;
– Ensure the most effective utilization of limited resources, including through staff trainings, technology, and program management;
– Facilitate weekly staff meeting regarding difficult cases and programmatic issues;
– Direct the homeless prevention services provided to community residents;
– Direct the development, maintenance, update implementation, and greater staff usage of our primary property management software platform (PropertyWare) and our client management software platforms (CaseBuddy and Apricot);
– Oversee all performance reporting on housing, case management activities and homeless prevention services;
– Ensure housing-related programs and activities are responsive to community needs and seek necessary alterations or changes in program focus, as needed;
– Direct the development and execution of the Annual Operating Budget;
– Recruit, hire and develop subordinate staff.
– Direct the agency’s housing acquisitions activities;
– Work with President/CEO and Development Director to assure funding for acquisitions;
– Support the President/CEO on multi-family acquisition research, relationship building and implementation.
Administration (30 percent):
– In partnership with the President/CEO, work with the Board to develop key strategic goals and initiatives;
– Report on performance metrics as measured against budget, housing, and service goals;
– Strengthen internal financial reporting and review processes, including the results for all governmental contracts and funding;
– Support and work in partnership with the President/CEO and the Director of Development to develop new sources of funding, particularly business and foundation giving.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
Requires track record of success in, and understanding of, the management of financial systems, including government contracts, funding, and grants management. Requires knowledge of housing-related activities, including acquisitions, property management, and financial reporting related to housing portfolio management. Background in supervision, including with reference to leading and guiding high performing staff members.
Bachelor’s degree in business, management, social or public administration or related field required; master’s degree in related disciplines desired.
Salary is $95K – $100K commensurate with education/experience. Benefits will be offered with this position and flexible work options. GSH is an equal opportunity employer.
To apply, please respond with a letter of interest, your resume and salary requirements via email at email@example.com. On all email submissions, please include “GSH COO” in the subject line. Please do not phone the office with inquiries.