Good Shepherd Housing & Family Services is currently hiring for the following positions:
Financial Assistance Coordinator (20 hours/week)
The Financial Assistance Coordinator (FAC) position administers the direct financial assistance program within Good Shepherd Housing. The direct financial assistance program provides support to low-income families and individuals undergoing a short-term crisis that is affecting their ability to pay their rent or utilities. The assistance will help bridge the recipient through the short-term crisis, returning them to housing stability.
A nonexempt hourly position, with 20 hours/week work requirements, and reporting to the Vice President/COO, the following responsibilities and duties pertain to this position:
- Assessing applicants, and determining the scope and depth of their short-term housing crisis, and evaluating the amount of one-time emergency financial assistance needed to maintain their housing;
- Coordinating packages of assistance with other agencies, particularly Fairfax County’s Coordinated Services Planning, to reduce duplication and optimize the amount of assistance;
- Completing in-take and assessment using Apricot, GSH’s in-house online client management services platform;
- Verifying intake information, requesting checks from the GSH Finance Manager, and obtaining approval for all check issuances from the GSH Vice President/COO;
- Connecting clients to other agencies or community-based resources — such as other nonprofit programs, food banks, basic needs provider, health, educational or vocational programs— which will assist and support them in sustaining their housing;
- Maintaining confidential client files in hard copies and our online platform, Apricot;
- Providing reports to the Vice President/COO and to Fairfax County to track trends and measure program outcomes;
- Working with other staff to ensure that applicants who need more than emergency assistance can apply for housing at GSH if appropriate;
- Meeting workplans and goals developed with the supervisor for performance and delivery of services;
- Assisting other programs within GSH as needed to help the GSH team meet organization goals and serve residents and the community;
The ideal candidate will:
- Demonstrate extensive knowledge of local community issues, resources, and services, as well as landlord-tenant law and housing regulations.
- Have experience in direct client services.
- Possess demonstrable proficiency using computers and Microsoft Office Suite, with preference for candidates familiar with the online services platform Apricot.
- Hold a 4-year college degree.
LEVEL OF LANGUAGE PROFICIENCY
English is required, bilingual in Spanish would be a plus.
HOW TO APPLY
To apply, please respond with a letter of interest, your resume and salary requirements via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. On all email submissions, please include “GSH Financial Assistance Coordinator” in the subject line.
Please do not phone the office with inquiries.