Good Shepherd Housing & Family Services is currently hiring for the following positions:
Accounting Assistant (10-15 hours/week)
A new position at GSH, the Accounting Assistant, will process our accounts payable and accounts receivable transactions. This bookkeeping position will be hired on a temporary status. After three months of employment GSH will evaluate whether the position will be given permanent, part-time status.
This is a nonexempt hourly position, working 10-15 hours/week and reporting to the Finance Manager:
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide accounting and clerical support to the accounting department.
- Process Accounts Receivable and Accounts Payable entries.
- Function in accordance with established standards, procedures and applicable laws.
- Assist with other accounting projects in the office including annual audit.
- Maintain an orderly financial filing system.
- Other duties as assigned by the Finance Manager.
Qualifications and Education:
- Knowledge and experience in bookkeeping.
- Previous non-profit accounting, a plus.
- Aplos Accounting a plus.
- Remote working, as needed, GSH will provide necessary equipment.
- Occasional lifting of 25 pounds+ may be required.
- Duties may be changed or assigned as needed.
Salary is competitive and commensurate with education/experience. No benefits will be offered with this position. GSH is an equal opportunity employer.
To apply, please respond with a letter of interest, your resume and salary requirements via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. On all email submissions, please include “GSH Accounting Assistant” in the subject line.
Please do not phone the office with inquiries.
Development Associate (Full-time)
The Development Associate is responsible for supporting the Director of Development and Communications in pursuit of GSH’s development goals. Specifically, the Associate oversees the development database with the support of the Database and Events Assistant, to include gift entry, reports, constituent management, and stewardship. Additionally, the associate will help increase charitable gift revenue by overseeing the planning and execution of fundraising events with support from the Development Director.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
- With the Development Director, responsible for the Development Office’s administrative, clerical, and donor stewardship functions.
- Responsible for the data integrity of Development databases and donor records, gift and pledge processing and reminders, and stewardship activities.
- Prepares and updates, as required, reports and other summary items showing the Development Office’s progress in achieving GSH’s development goals over the course of a fiscal year.
- Responsible for planning and logistics for all fundraising events and manages the Events Committee with support from the Development Director.
- Manages the social media accounts for the organization (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and Instagram) through Hootsuite with support from the Development Director and Database and Events Assistant.
- Responsible for producing and distributing regular fundraising and weekly leadership emails via Bloomerang.
- Develops the written content for the quarterly mail appeals.
- Helps with moderate graphic design needs for website and email images.
- Supports professionalism of organization, integrity of internal office procedures and prompt and professional donor services.
- Participates as an essential member of the Development team.
- Occasional evenings and weekends are expected for meetings and events, with flex time offered.
- Supports the Development Director with additional duties as directed.
GSH is looking to hire a Development Associate who has the following experience and skills, at a minimum:
- At least 3-5 years of development or fundraising experience.
- Special event management experience preferred.
- Solid understanding of development operation fundamentals and how to improve and enhance existing systems.
- Expert in using database systems to track fundraising efforts. Experience in Bloomerang database a plus.
- Proven knowledge of efforts related to donor outreach, mailings, personal solicitations, internet fundraising and special events/programs.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite.
- Experience with graphic design programs like Canva is a plus.
- Superior written and verbal communication.
- Baccalaureate degree or higher degree.
- Self-starter with little need for close supervision.
Salary is competitive and commensurate with education/experience. GSH offers excellent benefits, including a 403B pension plan and a fully paid healthcare insurance plan. GSH is an equal opportunity employer. Position to start after May 1, 2021.
To apply, please respond with a letter of interest, your resume, a writing sample, and salary requirements via email at email@example.com. On all email submissions, please include “GSH Development Coordinator” in the subject line.
Please do not phone the office with inquiries.