Financial Assistance Coordinator (20 hours/week)
The Financial Assistance Coordinator (FAC) position administers the direct financial assistance program within Good Shepherd Housing. The direct financial assistance program provides support to low-income families and individuals undergoing a short-term crisis that is affecting their ability to pay their rent or utilities. The assistance will help bridge the recipient through the short-term crisis, returning them to housing stability.
A nonexempt hourly position, with 20 hours/week work requirements, and reporting to the Vice President/COO, the following responsibilities and duties pertain to this position:
- Assessing applicants, and determining the scope and depth of their short-term housing crisis, and evaluating the amount of one-time emergency financial assistance needed to maintain their housing;
- Coordinating packages of assistance with other agencies, particularly Fairfax County’s Coordinated Services Planning, to reduce duplication and optimize the amount of assistance;
- Completing in-take and assessment within the electronic, in-house online client management services platform called Apricot and the County-sponsored Homeless Management Information System (HMIS);
- Verifying applicable information, obtaining approval for expenditures and submitting check requests;
- Connecting clients to other agencies or community-based resources — such as other nonprofit programs, food banks, basic needs provider, health, educational or vocational programs— which will assist and support them in sustaining their housing;
- Maintaining confidential client files in hard copies, computer databases, and in our online services platform (Apricot) and HMIS;
- Providing reports to track trends and measure program outcomes;
- Working with other staff to ensure that applicants who need more than emergency assistance can apply for other housing programs or services at GSH and at other human services agencies;
- Meeting workplans and goals developed with the supervisor for performance and delivery of services;
- Coordinating the delivery of service with other staff in biweekly service team meetings.
Requirements for this positions are:
- Excellent knowledge of the local community, resources and issues, as well as landlord-tenant law and related regulations.
- Ability to assess potential clients’ financial situations.
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Comfortable with short deadlines.
- Have demonstrable proficiency in technology tools, with preference for candidates with experience using the online services platform (Apricot).
- College degree preferred.
HOW TO APPLY
To apply, please respond with a letter of interest, your resume and salary requirements via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. On all email submissions, please include “GSH Financial Assistance Coordinator” in the subject line.
Please do not phone the office with inquiries.