Your Legacy with Good Shepherd Housing
Preserving Affordable Housing for Generations to Come
Have you ever wondered about including a charity in your estate plans and thought it was too complicated or that your assets aren’t large enough to make a difference?
You’re not alone. Many donors reach similar conclusions and miss the opportunity to make the gift of a lifetime.
Good Shepherd Housing and Family Services invites you to learn more about the options and how simple planning can make leaving your legacy a reasonable, practical and rewarding option.
Consider: A Planned Gift helps you meet your personal and financial goals by:
- Reducing your income tax obligations
- Providing variable or fixed income while you’re still living
- Providing income or fixed payments to your heirs
- Reducing your capital gains tax burden
- Establishing named recognition in perpetuity
- Making a long-lasting difference in the lives of the families we serve
Including Good Shepherd Housing and Family Services in your estate planning will benefit our clients and mission for years to come. Consider planned gifts, both now and in the future, that will help fund:
Annually: Each year, Good Shepherd Housing and Family Services serves more than 1,000 clients, by providing affordable housing, emergency financial assistance, financial counseling, and special efforts like backpacks and supplies for back to school. These services are the core of its mission, made possible by the generous support of its donors and friends.
In 5 Years: In the coming years, GSH has a bold vision to change the face of affordable housing in the Richmond Highway corridor. GSH hopes to expand from the 52 properties they own today to more than 100 properties, with the goal of housing approximately one-fifth of the families in need in our area. Your planned gift can help make this bold vision and impact a reality.
In 10 years: In 10 years, GSH will have been in operation for more than 50 years, and we plan to continue to be a leading force in preventing homelessness in our area. Assuming growth at our current pace, in 10 years we hope to own upwards of 200 units, grow the number of families we can provide housing and financials services to, as well as add additional programs and services that the market demands.
We have a long-term plan and we’d like you to be a part of it. Contact us today to learn more about creating a planned gift to benefit Good Shepherd Housing and Family Services.
Could a planned gift to Good Shepherd Housing and Family Services be right for you?
Use this checklist to find out. Do you have any of the following financial and charitable priorities?
- Reduce my income tax liability
- Provide income for life for myself or myself and my spouse
- Convert appreciated securities or real estate to income for life while avoiding immediate taxation of capital gains
- Continue living in my home and reduce my taxes
- Downsize from my family home
- Sell my property to a charity at a favorable price
- Transfer my wealth to the next generation while minimizing taxes
- Receive named recognition while benefitting a charity I value
- Support a special program or contribute to a campaign at my favorite charity
If you selected any of the above, now is a great time to learn more about setting up your planned gift with Good Shepherd Housing and Family Services.