- NEW Backpacks (no wheels or corporate logos)
- Regular size kindergarten backpacks (large enough to fit pocket folders) *mini backpacks are adorable, but are too small
- Dry Erase Markers (chisel tip)
- Pencils (no mechanical)
- Pencil sharpeners with covers
- Glue sticks
- 3" X 3" Post It Notes
- 5 or 8 Subject Divider Tabs
- 12 count Crayola Colored Pencils
- Marbleized Composition Notebooks
- Loose leaf paper (college and wide ruled)
- 1, 3 and 5 subject notebooks
- Pocket folders (with AND without brads)
- Ink Pens - blue, black, red, and green
- Zippered Pencil Pouches
- Earbuds and Headsets (Dollar Tree carries)
- Scientific Calculators
- Combination locks
- 1 inch, 1-1/2 inch, 2-inch and 3-inch 3-ring binders
- Crayola markers (thin or thick)
Please shop our Amazon wish list to have the order directly shipped to GSH OR purchase items at a local retail, and drop off new donations to Betsy at 8305 Richmond Hwy., Ste. 17B, located in the Mt. Zephyr Business Complex.
In Kind Support
The winter months are particularly challenging times for our low-income families. Gift cards to Amazon, Walmart, Ross Dress for Less, Target and T.J. Maxx, allow GSH Community Case Managers to shop for our clients in need of basic undergarments like socks, underwear and t-shirts, as well as outerwear like coats, hats, gloves and boots.
Gift cards to local grocery stores (like Shoppers Food Warehouse, Safeway, Giant or Wegmans) or gas cards are also appreciated to assist clients faced with the challenge of shortened work hours or having to pay medical bills while trying to figure out how to keep their family fed and housed.
Amazon Wish List
If you’d like to assist a family moving into a new apartment, check out the link below. Please click here to place your order. Thank you for your support for our families!
Unfortunately, due to the logistics involved, we are unable to accept furniture donations. The Nest Collective is a non-profit organization that provides furniture and household goods to those in need. Their clients include families and individuals who are overcoming homelessness, escaping domestic violence or recovering from crisis or disaster in the Northern Virginia area. Please consider contacting them for your generous donation.