Embark Housing Advisory Group formed
by Phil Creed, Covering the Corridor
A new affordable housing advisory group mandated by the Embark Richmond Highway comprehensive plan amendment has been established and is meeting monthly.
The 14-member Embark Housing Advisory Group, led by the Fairfax County Department of Housing and Community Development and supported by the county’s department of planning and zoning, held its first meeting in June. The group is composed of members invited to join by Lee District Supervisor Jeff McKay and Mount Vernon District Supervisor Dan Storck. The members (listed below) come from a variety of backgrounds, including affordable housing advocacy and non-profit groups, homebuilders and developers, former county officials and residents.
“The group has adopted a charter, and its goal is to provide recommendations first to the Strategic Economic Development Team created by Supervisors Storck and McKay, and ultimately to the Board of Supervisors on affordable housing issues in the Richmond Highway area impacted by the Embark Comprehensive Plan Amendment,” said Vincent Rogers of the Fairfax County Redevelopment and Housing Authority.
Staff from both supervisors’ offices will join the group at meetings, and Rogers said a final product of the group’s work is expected to be presented at a Board of Supervisors meeting in early 2019.
The Embark Advisory Group’s members:
- Bracco, Nick (The Michaels Group)
- Cecchi, Carlos (IDI Group)
- Edson, Rick (AHP Virginia, LLC)
- Jasper, Will (Former Fairfax County Redevelopment and Housing Authority member)
- Koussis, Stanley (Andrews Federal Credit Union)
- Krocker, Michelle (NoVa Housing Alliance)
- Lardner, Elisabeth (Former FCRHA member)
- Levine, David (Good Shepherd Housing)
- Michell, Pam (New Hope Housing)
- Murphy, Shelley (Wesley Housing)
- Portilla, Soledad (Stanley Martin)
- Rangel, Georgia (Housing Resident)
- Smith, James (Housing Resident)
- Strobel, Lynne (Walsh Colucci)