RICHMOND—Governor Ralph Northam announced additional appointments to his Administration today.
Office of the Governor
Grace Kelly, Deputy Director of the Virginia Office for Intergovernmental Affairs
Grace Kelly has been appointed Deputy Director of the Virginia Office for Intergovernmental Affairs. She previously served as Policy Assistant and Confidential Assistant to the Governor’s Counsel in the Office of the Governor since January 2018. She worked as Assistant to the Campaign Manager on the Ralph Northam for Governor campaign and has held positions in government relations in Washington, D.C. She is a native of Alexandria and a graduate of Wheaton College in Massachusetts.
Secretariat of the Commonwealth
Dae’Jah Graves-Buafo, Special Assistant for Constituent Services and Community Engagement
Dae’Jah Graves-Buafo has been appointed Special Assistant for Constituent Services and Community Engagement. Prior to her appointment, Dae’Jah served as an intern with the Secretary of the Commonwealth’s office working with board appointments. An Arlington native, Dae’Jah graduated with a bachelor’s degree from Virginia State University where she studied Political Science. She is continuing her education at Regent University, pursuing a Master of Public Administration degree.
Suzanne Holland, Special Assistant for Advisory Board Administration
Suzanne Holland has been appointed Special Assistant for Advisory Board Administration and will continue to serve as Director of Women’s Outreach. Prior to this appointment, Suzanne served as Special Assistant for Constituent Services and Community Engagement and Executive Assistant to the Secretary of Commerce and Trade. Before joining the Office of the Governor, she served as Session Assistant for the Senate Finance Committee and has worked in the private sector in market research and academic publishing. Suzanne holds a bachelor’s degree in International Relations from the University of Mary Washington and is currently pursuing a Master of Public Administration degree from Virginia Tech.
Board of Medicine
- David F. Archer, MD* of Norfolk, Professor of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Eastern Virginia Medical School
- Manjit Dhillon, MD* of Chester, Clinical Associate Professor, Department of Orthopedics, Virginia Commonwealth University School of Medicine
- Jacob W. Miller Jr., DO* of Virginia Beach, Family Physician, Eastern Virginia Medical School
- Milly Rambhia, MD of Falls Church, Anesthesiologist, Mid-Atlantic Permanente Medical Group
- Karen A. Ransone, MD* of Cobbs Creek, Pediatrician, Riverside Fishing Bay Family Practice
- Amanda Barner Welch, MD of Dumfries, Physician, Mid-Atlantic Permanente Medical Group
- Khalique Zahir, MD of McLean, Assistant Professor of Surgery, Virginia Commonwealth University School of Medicine and Chief of Plastic Surgery, Inova Fairfax Hospital
Board of Trustees of the Science Museum of Virginia
- John F. Benton of Arlington, Deputy Under Secretary Emeritus, Smithsonian Institution
Board of Visitors for Eastern Virginia Medical School
- Paul D. Fraim* of Norfolk, Attorney, Fraim & Fiorella, P.C.
Capitol Square Preservation Council
- Nadia Volchansky of Arlington, Assistant Professor, The George Washington University
- James A. Meadows, Jr.* of Goochland, Area General Manager, Service Corporation International
- Caroline Seibold Smyth of Richmond, President, HCS Holding Company, LLC (t/a Stafford Memorial Park)
Fair Housing Board
- Colin Arnold, AIA of Roanoke, Architect, Arnold Design Studio
- Candice Bennett* of Fairfax County, Director of Development and Communications, Good Shepherd Housing and Family Services, Inc.
- Alyia S.P. Gaskins of Alexandria, Founder and CEO, CitiesRx, LLC
- Sherman Gillums, Jr.* of Arlington, Chief Strategy Officer, AMVETS
Virginia Passenger Rail Authority
- The Honorable Sharon Bulova of Fairfax County, Former Chairman, Fairfax County Board of Supervisors
- Deborah H. Butler of Norfolk, Retired Executive, Norfolk Southern Corporation
- Victor O. Cardwell of Salem, Principal, Woods Rogers PLC
- Patricia Doersch of Falls Church, Partner, Squire Patton Boggs
- The Honorable Jay Fisette of Arlington, Managing Principal, DMV Strategic Advisors, LLC
- Roderick “Rod” D. Hall of Woodbridge, Government Affairs Advisor, K&L Gates LLP
- Charles Moorman of Charlottesville, Retired Chairman and CEO, Norfolk Southern Corporation
- Cynthia Moses-Nedd of Prince William County, Chief of Staff, Office of Wildland Fire, United States Department of the Interior
- The Honorable Paul F. Nichols of Woodbridge, Principal, Nichols Zauzig
- Hossein Sadid of Richmond, CFO, Virginia Museum of Fine Arts
- Jim Spore of Virginia Beach, President and CEO, Reinvent Hampton Roads
- Mariia Zimmerman of Richmond, Principal, MZ Strategies, LLC