Bank of America Charitable Foundation Awards $10,000 Grant to Help Local Families Achieve Financial Success
Good Shepherd Housing and Family Services, Inc. (GSH) received a $10,000 grant from the Bank of America Charitable Foundation, which helps build thriving communities by addressing issues fundamental to economic health and sustainability. The grant will be used toward general operating support targeting 15 households residing in GSH housing with additional support services focused on financial and housing stability.
“The Bank of America grant will help us to extend our affordable housing and services even further into the community,” said David Levine, President and CEO of GSH. “With the support provided by the Bank of America, Good Shepherd Housing can have an even greater impact through our affordable housing. It will help us to make a difference.”
Established in 1958, the Bank of America Charitable Foundation is focused on economic mobility by addressing community development needs through investments such as affordable housing, community revitalization, arts, and the environment. Funding efforts focus on the work of local, national and global nonprofit organizations working together addressing these issues essential to an individual’s economic mobility and the community’s vitality.
The Foundation supports the efforts and programs of nonprofit organizations creating pathways to economic mobility as they work to preserve, and increase access to a mix of affordable housing options, connect individuals and families with tools, resources, to achieve their financial goals.
About Good Shepherd Housing and Family Services
Since 1974, GSH has been reducing homelessness and enabling self-sufficiency by providing permanent affordable housing, emergency financial services, budget counseling and case management to working-class families in Fairfax County. Earning numerous accolades for their work, GSH received the 2013 Washington Post Award for Excellence in Nonprofit Management, and was named one of the best nonprofits by the 2014-2015 Greater Washington Catalogue for Philanthropy.